Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alumni Art Show at George Fox University

'Voices', the Alumni Art Show closing reception was last night. It was really great to be back at George Fox, catch up with friends and faculty, and soak up some art in the meantime.
This was my bay in the gallery. It featured a Portland Advertising Federation event poster (yes, that's Steve Sandstrom staring you down), a promotional snowboard, six business card layouts and two French Press wall art pieces. Quite the variety, but all the pieces seemed to blend together well. Showing design work in what is typically a studio art format proved to be a bit of a challenge, but with a little ingenuity, a few trips to Home Depot and Ikea and some X-acto knife action, I pulled it off.

My girlfriends Bari (super style consultant) and Winnie surprised me and popped in to the gallery! Thanks, ladies. You make me feel loved. P.S. Bari, did you realize the top I was wearing was one of your hand-me-downs!? Love it.
During the reception I got to catch up with my dear friend and classmate, Jessica Brittell. She featured a body of work she did for a local wine bar called Crush. Sadly, the establishment has closed, so Jessica recreated the atmosphere with her work and some props as a sort of tribute.
Adieu! Thanks for having me...until next time, GFU!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that Bari and Whinnie were able to surprise you! Very nice. Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Good place, good friends...couldn't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete