Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little letterpress love.

As promised, here's a little peek at the first press check I did for Melissa Tomeoni's business cards. We ran the cards with Brown Printing in North Portland. I've raved about them before. Although I already knew I'd fully trust them with letterpress work, I was never given the opportunity to work with them on a letterpress job until now. And after all is said and done, I trust them even more.
My first review - the emboss/deboss was flip-flopped, but it was gorgeous.
This is the counter die. The other die is above, out of the photo. The paper is pressed between the two to create a double-sided blind deboss/emboss.
The cluttering of tools, tape and paper makes me so happy.
This is Dick. See Dick print.
All kidding aside, Dick's been with Brown since the beginning - over 30 years ago. It's refreshing to see someone who is whole-heartedly in his element, and a master craftsman to boot.

2 comments:

  1. this is so fun! you always go above and beyond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    Aluminium Signs Sydney & Lightboxes Sydney

    ReplyDelete