Thursday, June 10, 2010

Modern Entrepreneur | The beginning.



As I'm sure you've gathered by now, I’m a self-employed, goal-driven, work-obsessed design studio owner. Being a business owner is hard work. Last year I met Lisa Johnson, co-author of The Free Agent Formula (which you might already know). In a single conversation she revolutionized the way I viewed being self-employed, or a free agent. It doesn’t have to be so hard and even though I’m in business for myself doesn’t mean I should build it by myself.


Since then, Lisa has invited me to co-direct a 10-week program for a collection of people journeying through the Free Agent Formula as a group. This week we had an introductory meeting for the free agents who had expressed interest in the program we're calling Modern Entrepreneur (website to come!). It's going to be a big commitment, but promises big returns on the investment.


I can't even explain how excited I am to be a part of Modern Entrepreneur and what it might become. To have the beginnings of our group (shown below) in one place at one time was just...electric. I can already tell it's going to be a action-packed season for all of us.
Our fledgling group (left to right...sort of): Cheri Hanson of Inspired Outsiders, Dani Ross of Weddings Fresh, Bryan Rupp of Bryan Rupp Photography, Cassie Pruett of Reach Group, Justin Hoffman of The Natural Path, Jordan Philips of Joli Photographie and Hey Jo Jo Studios, Megan Clark of StudioM and hi, friend, Amber Carter of Carter Billing Services, Kirsten Nieman of Restored Style and Lisa Johnson of Reach Group.
The ME Launch Team (left to right): Co-Director Jordan Philips of Joli Photograpie and Hey Jo Jo StudiosLisa Johnson of Reach Group and myself, Megan Clark, of StudioM and hi, friend.

I'll be sure to post more once the program begins in late July. Hold on to your hats, folks!

Click here to visit The Free Agent Formula.

1 comment:

  1. Meg-this is HUGE!!! I'm so excited/proud of you!! You inspire me.

    Lots of love,
    bari

    ReplyDelete