I'm in the midst of a (re)branding process.
The series of events that has lead me to this point:
- Incorporated: Bye, StudioM!
- Procrastinated working on the new brand.
- Announced new name: Hello, Clark & Co.
- Pulled some inspiration scrap together (some shown below*).
- Procrastinated some more.
- Asked myself, "Why can you do this for all your clients all the time but it's so hard to do for yourself?"
- Realized I needed outside help. Scheduled to review logo comps with Elizabeth Morrow McKenzie, owner of Morrow McKenzie Design, Creative Director at R/West and design hero of mine so I would finally get my butt in gear.
- Enlisted Lisa Johnson, owner of Reach Group, author of The Free Agent Formula and my beloved business mentor and client to compile a list of adjectives and attributes of my studio (show below).
- Met with Elizabeth. Reviewed scrap and with her encouragement added "Enthusiastic/Upbeat" to the adjective list. Gained clarity and direction in focusing on my love of all things old, but communicating the correct, modern message through the new logo.
- Still working...