Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stylepedia. A book review.

I'm addicted to Louise Fili. 100%.

She's collaborated with Steven Heller on several publications. My goal is to get my hands on every single one. There really couldn't be a more dynamic, design-oriented pair. Stylepedia: A Guide to Graphic Design Mannerisms, Quirks, and Conceits is one of the books that's been on my list. Apparently it's been on lot of others lists, too; I couldn't find it at any of the local bookstores. Eventually an Amazon merchant came to the rescue. I now have an beautifully-tabbed, already-loved copy of Stylepedia on my desk. In it, more than 100 entries define specific design styles. It's a brainiac designer's dream-come-true. I. Can't. Get. Enough.

Now, if I can just find the time to study it, I'll be a happy camper. I guess it's a good thing that there's waaaay to much to digest quickly. I'm definitely raising my glass and flipping those pages to Fili and Heller's mindful contribution to my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment