Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Susan + Rich | Wedding Invitation

When I was young and my family lived in Cleveland, Ohio, we had the best babysitters: Susan and Janet McGee. Two sisters who absolutely loved us. We've stayed in touch over the years, but I don't think any of us fully comprehend how much has changed. I don't wear pig-tails or sleep with my blankie anymore and Janet and Susan don't spend their days baby sitting and watching Big Bird in Japan with kids like my sister and myself. (By the way, Big Bird in Japan is a great 1980's Sesame Street Special. Especially if you live in Ohio when you watch it because then every time someone says "Ohio" you have a funny flashback of that goofy yellow Sesame Street character saying "Ohayo" and bowing to the people he's meeting. I still giggle thinking about it.)

Regardless of how much has changed, we still care about each other. When Susan contacted me to tell me she was getting married, I was so happy to be able to help by designing her wedding invitations. Plus, I think I owe her for putting up with many hours of my hyperactivity!




The wedding is going to take place at The Barn at Valhalla in North Carolina. We wanted the invites to reflect the natural elements of the venue as well as reflect a theme of giving. Another very fond memory I have of times with Janet and Susan is reading The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. The illustration used on the invitation was chosen by the couple because of it's similarities with the book's illustrations and meaningful message. Congrats, Susan and Rich! May your marriage be fruitful as you now give to those around you together.

No comments:

Post a Comment