Monday, January 17, 2011

"Lee's Week of Eats" Banners


A non-requested project is usually the most fun. This series of banners is for a dear albeit new friend, Leela Cyd. She's traveled the world, writes for The Kitchn and has some serious jazz moves. You can find ravings about her here and in our debut "Lee's Week of Eats" post. She's phenomenally talented and sweet as cupcake frosting, too. We at hi, friend decided to partner with Leela for a weekly menu plan via the blog. That decision flipped the "on" switch in my batty brain and I asked, "What can I design that would be the prefect compliment to this collaboration?" Little blog banners, of course! I tapped Leela on her virtual shoulder and said I wanted to whip something up for all of us to use in this new endeavor. She graciously gave me permission to yank her photo work off her site for my stealth project. And it's a good thing she did or these little strips of design would be lackluster, amen? Amen!

The banners were sized to fit each of our blogs widths perfectly and will provide some color and consistency to the weekly posts. What I've shown above is just a selection from the bunch. You'll have to tune in to the Menu Posts to catch them all.

"Mangia bene, vivi felice"
Eat well, live happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment