Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you, Simple Shoes!

Simple makes shoes for a happy planet. The team at Simple was kind enough to let me pick out a pair of my own before the holiday season as a thank you for all the work I did for the Identity Showdown.

I got my pair of black BRRogue boots in the mail late last week. They're comfy and chic, two qualities that don't usually get along.


Besides melding comfort and style, Simple is serious about playing nice with Mother Nature. Take just the specifications from my lovely new boots as an example:
  •  Women's BRRogue boot with eco-certified leather and suede uppers (BLC/ISO 14001 certification)
  • Nickel and lead free buckle detail
  • The "pedbed" (the cushiony and supportive stuff at the bottom of the shoe) is made of PU and latex foam for comfort
  • The sole of this shoe is biodegradable! The midsole is made of EVA with BIO-D and the outsole is made of 30% recycled rubber and 70% natural rubber with BIO-D. The BIO-D makes the EVA and rubber biodegrade in 20 years in a landfill or compost heap – not on your feet!
  • The foot form inserts are made of post consumer recycled paper
  • The shoebox is made of post-consumer recycled paper, soy based printing ink, natural latex and starch based glue

Wow, right? Simple makes shoes for a happy planet and a happy Megan. Thank you, Simple! Now, let's just get some of the other brands we love on Mother Nature's good side...

Sincerely and with happy feet,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Your so cute, I have actaully been eyeing a similiar pair of simple boots myself this winter. I seem to be in a boot kick this year (after running out of room for any more jackets or purses). Love the motorcycle boot look, I can totally see you rocking these with a cute little dress and some tights.

    ReplyDelete