Monday, August 31, 2009

Shopping. Just Because.

"This boutique takes a bow before you even walk in the door! The girls at Just Because believe in inspiring women to dress with confidence and style through clothes that compliment who they are; looking good and feeling great in clothes that will take them anywhere. They will add all the details that pull it all together. Imagine the possibilities with brands such as Brighton, Tribal and French Dressing just to name a few..." From the Shop Newport Map + Guide.

I had heard of the Just Because ladies from Maggie Christie of Shanty, a neighboring boutique, and finally got to meet them when I attended the Who Let The Girls Out!? event in May. Jill and Lonnie of Just Because are great. Super energetic, super nice and super business-savvy. (Jill Linton is the Owner and Lonnie Walkup is the Operations Manager.) I've been doing design work for Shanty since 2007. Jill and Lonnie noticed and thought I might be able to help them with a website redesign.

Just Because is a two-location shop (Downtown Newport, Washington and Hayden, Idaho), but they realize that what's just as important as keeping your shops relevant and in order is having a powerful online presence. They describe their shops as energetic, progressive, fun and fresh. Their current site just wasn't cutting it for them (shown below). We're getting a 'under construction' placeholder up on the site shortly, with the full redesign to follow.

All this boutique talk makes me want to shop. So I think I will. And if my husband asks, "Why?"(which he surely will) I have the perfect response prepared: "Just because." Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment