Photo > by James Alby
October is almost always a good month, mostly because it's always my birthday month. Duh. But also because autumn is beautiful and it connotes change, new beginnings and freshly sharpened pencils. (Any You've Got Mail fans out there?) With the tenth month behind us and the eleventh freshly dawned, I want to spend a few minutes looking back at the last 31 days (I might cheat and make it 32)...
- StudioM grew up a little and moved out of the house.
- The above included getting a PO box, an item that's been on my to-do list for, oh, the last two years. Done. Geez.
- Continued client work and time carved out to work on my own stuff for once.
- I got to cavort and learn with the Portland design community and my Modern Entrepreneur buddies.
- Travel! First Leavenworth and the Willamette Valley, then Los Angeles.
- There was joie de vivre found in unexpected things like fog and espresso.
- A television debut
- A new number got tacked on to the end my age. All I have to say to that is "Old age ain't no place for sissies." Not my words, though, Bette Davis'.
- A few exciting developments for hi, friend including: a fun, alfresco meeting with Oregon Bride, a DIY Partner Announcement and a feature on Wedding Chicks.
- I got a red belt. Plus many precious birthday gifts. Including a chair from the late 1800's. Sigh.
- Lots of dinner parties and cozy cocktails!
Whew. I think it's pretty healthy to do this every once in a while (or very frequently) and give thanks for the things life has brought your way, as well as for life itself. I sure feel charmed looking at that list.